Monday 9 April 2012

Healthy Eating?

So, it's now less than four months until the big trek. Excitement is building as are some muscles (not very big but undeniably there!). Dele has created a beautiful spreadsheet with our exercise plan which is both inspiring and terrifying.

Last week we decided that we would start eating more healthily to go along with our exercise regime. Not a diet, just more fruit and veg and less chocolate (me) and crisps (Dele). I don't know how she's doing but I'm struggling a little (ahem). Yesterday I demolished a roast dinner followed by apple pie and cream (thanks, Dad) plus an entire Easter egg (Dad again)  two hot cross buns (thanks, Mum) and two flapjacks (thanks, Uncle Mick). On the positive side I did eat a banana!

All that remains is the mug!

Never mind, I'll be better today I thought. One hot chocolate, a pain au chocolat and a strawberry milkshake later I realised I had hit another epic fail. I have had no fruit or veg today unless you count the strawberry sauce on my milkshake?!

Does strawberry sauce count as one of your five a day?

Obviously Monday is a bad day to start a healthy eating plan! Tuesday is clearly the day to begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment