Friday 13 January 2012

Getting Fit


As I mentioned before I am not exactly known for my physical fitness but it was finally dawning on me that this was going to be quite difficult and perhaps I ought to start the mysterious process known as ‘getting fit’.  This was where Dele stepped in; she had been frequenting a gym for at least a year and suggested I joined her. Several classes later and the discovery of muscles I didn’t know I had I realised that I was actually enjoying the classes, well most of them. We never quite got the hang of Zumba, it requires a degree of coordination which we clearly lack and after repeatedly bumping into people, heading in the wrong direction and getting very frustrated we admitted defeat. Boxercise became a favourite, mainly because it involved punching things which proved a fantastic stress relief after a manic day.  With the fitness schedule going well we decided to start some training walks. However things did not quite go to plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment